In about 36 hours, I and 9 other individuals will depart on a trip to a place codenamed "Montebello". We are embarking on this trip because God told us to go. Check out Matthew 28: 18-20. It's all there and in some cases, it's written in red ink.
It has dawned on me, on more than one occassion, that I may not make it back alive from "Montebello". And just as one other member of our team made clear what he would like his legacy to be, I too would like to impart a legacy of sorts, just in case.
First off, thank you God, Almighty Father. Thank you for allowing me to have this awesome personal relationship with You. Thank you for revealing yourself to me in all your majesty and glory. I have only the deepest of gratitude for the gift that is your Son. Thank you for picking me up when I fall, for dusting me off and setting me onto your path when I stray and for strengthening me even as I struggle with my sinful ways. Father in heaven, I am your servant. Use me in ways that only you know how. And most of all, thank you for your love. A love without comparison, a love without condition and a love without end. I am not worthy but with this love, you have washed me clean. And to this my Lord, my God, my Savior, my knees bow and my tongue confess, you are the Most Holy, Eternal God, the King of Kings, the Lover of my Soul. Only to you is all the glory I can muster. Only to you, is all my worship. Praise you O God! Father with complete trust in your protection and complete dependence on your mercy I go joyfully into the breach to bring your glorious name to the ends of this earth.
Second, my beloved husband, K. Many of you know him as Qoheleth. K, you are my gift from God. You have, with God's love, erased all the pain and sorrow of my first 30 years here on earth. You have replaced rejection with acceptance, eased a broken heart, mended a battered body and nurtured a shattered spirit. You have loved beyond doubt and forgiven without hesitation and I will carry that with me through the rest of my days. I love you from the depths of my soul and though I have every intention of coming back to you, should God have other plans, I will meet you again in heaven. My beloved, my mentor, my discipler, and my best friend, thank you for the best years of my life. My only hope is that I can honestly claim that my greatest accomplishment in this life is that I make you happy. That would make my life worthwhile.
PS: Keep Cujo out of Mom's clutches. Please! I don't think I can handle coming home and being greeted by a 1 ton ball of fur.
Third, my family. To my Mom and Dad who're just as stubborn as I am. Thank you for never giving up and throwing the towel on this bratty kid. Even as I defied and disobeyed, argued and lied, you were always there. Thank you for the foundation of faith that you instilled in all of us. It is the same foundation I used to build this relationship I have with God. I love you both so very much. Hey bro! You're the best! Keep shopping around for your fantasy reception hall. You'll know when you find the right one. Just make sure the gal you're going to have the reception with is the right one too. Keep it real bro. Mom's counting on you for that grandchild of hers so she can lay off my dog. Keep the other bro out of trouble too while you're at it.
Next to all my friends. I don't even know where to start. To the three fairy godmothers, keep the Bachelor in check, and keep the wedding simple. Last I heard the guest list was around 70 and he hasn't even popped the question yet. To my 75 brand new girlfriends specially to Ems, Vels, 'Net, Jo, Cez, and Jenna. Ladies, it has been a real pleasure to get reconnected. Ems, I have that BIG HUG waiting for you whether it's in '08 or in heaven, it's waiting. Vels, same with the phone card, I miss you too girlfriend. 'Net, who'd have thunk we'd click huh. Word of advise, keep the boytoy, he's a keeper. Jo, always remember that God is cradling your spirit in His arms, hold on to that truth. Cez, I love you sis, I am so glad that you and I will have all the time in eternity together. And Jenna, my teacher, my mentor, accountability partner and dearest friend. I couldn't have done any of this had God not crossed our paths again. You have been and always be a heroine in my life. Your faith, your strength and your passion for Christ knows no bounds and I thank you for showing me that. God bless all of you and keep you.
A special mention to our "Small Group". Ladies and gents, you have been my refuge every other Sunday of the month. Through all the craziness of a busy life, through all our goofiness and even through all the different difficulties and tragedies that has befallen us being with y'all (yes I said y'all) gives me strength, hope, peace and joy to go on and continue to serve. "And whenever two or more are gathered in His name, there is love..." and that's why I love y'all. And oh yeah, "The Bus" loves y'all too.
And last to my church. K and I stumbled through your doors 4 1/2 years ago and we've never stumbled out. Finally, a place to call home.
Father, as we boldly go forth into that part of the world that we jokingly refer to as "Montebello", I pray that you will guide our thoughts and our words and protect our hearts and our bodies from sin and harm. I pray that you embolden us and give us every opportunity to witness on behalf of You and Your Son. I pray that those we leave behind find peace and comfort in the knowledge that we are in Your hands. And I pray that those we meet will come to know the joy and the love that only You can offer. I pray all these in the name of your beloved Son and our saviour Jesus Christ, Amen.
1 comment:
Amen.
Post a Comment