Now that the bad and the ugly are just not-so-distant memories, it's time to celebrate God's blessings from last year.
First and foremost would be God's presence in my life. Yeah there were the raging battles with the enemy but despite all of that God never left my side. He was there and He was waging the battle. I was more like a willing spectator. Otherwise, if He weren't doing all the fighting, I would have lost every single one of them wars with the enemy, even those I was not involved in and that's a pretty sad and sorry state.
Then there's Keith. Eight glorious years, not without it's own set of battles, but still, all in all it's been wonderful and I wouldn't change anything for the world. Ask me again in another eight years and I'll probably feel the same way if not better.
One big highlight this year is SMC_83. After 23 years, I have at least 10 new girlfriends and a class full of other wonderful women who I can cry with, laugh with, exchange jokes with, sympathize with and minister to. God opened up this one-of-a-kind mission field for me to share His word, love and salvation with. What an answer to prayer!
And last but not least, Dustistan! I have no words to describe everything that God opened up to me during that time. The gamut of emotions and the sacrifice was something I've never experienced before. What I am most grateful for are the brothers and sisters - young and old - that I was blessed with. Man, what a privilege.
As I reflected back on that trip, all I could think of was if someone asked me 10 years ago where I would be, never in a million years would I say Dustistan. I was back in the streets of Samarkand, playing tourist, experiencing the sights and sounds of a world I had no idea existed, a world literally on the other side of home. Back then all I could think of was this is the reward of total submission to God. The opening of a brand new world. The witnessing of His everlasting glory through history. Man's foolishness in competing with the one true God and His grace, His forgiveness, His patience and His love. Again what a great privilege.
2006 was a banner year of ups and downs but through it all, God's love was there to comfort, His grace was there to give hope, His salvation was there to lean on and His peace was there to find rest in.
Glory and praise to you Almighty Father. Thank you.
No comments:
Post a Comment