I received news today about a man I respect and admire very much and it has caused a burden in my heart. I am not at liberty to discuss the context of this news but suffice to say, this world is full of blind ambition and injustice.
More and more I find myself paralyzed by anger and despair at the unjust circumstances I am made aware of. My heart hurts for this man and his family. I am so angry and feel so helpless in my anger that I find myself lashing out at God. My husband, thank you God, had to set me straight but my anger still burns and my hurt still remains.
I'm trying to find comfort and peace in God's word but it feels empty right now. My most bases of instinct wants to inflict pain but I know I can't. I'd like to retreat in prayer but I don't think praying for the destruction of everyone who has caused this injustice is appropriate. Somehow though, I keep coming back to Sodom and Gomorrah and just hoping - that maybe you know - but -
I'm clinging to the fact that as I calm down and see the light at the end of this tunnel, I will find solace and peace and comfort in God's embrace. But for now, with a heavy heart, I lift this man and his family to the Lord, for solace, peace, comfort, love, fellowship, joy, justice and restoration.
Oh Lord of Lords, I pray these things in the name of your Most Holy Beloved Son Jesus Christ. Amen
No comments:
Post a Comment